Wednesday, September 23, 2009

23/9/2009 Chew Jetty, Georgetown

It was the last day of my holidays, so I decided for some photo shooting.

I had woke up early in the morning, earlier than my working days, as the alarm started beeping at 6:30 am, I just quickly rush to the balcony to check on the weather. Thankfully the weather was nice with just some clouds. After washed up and packed up my camera, I just depart to Chew Jetty, which is just 15 minutes of driving from my house.

As I arrived Chew Jetty, the Sun already broke out and the sky begun to turn bright. Without much hesitation, I just walk into Chew Jetty and prepare for some sunrise photo shooting.

Chew Jetty, or Seh Chew Keo, is the biggest of the waterfront settlements in George Town. It was created in the middle of the 19th Century, in a very different Penang from what it is today. The last community jetties, the Peng Aun and the Chap Seh Keo, were only established in the 1960's (http://www.penang-traveltips.com/chew-jetty.htm). Chew Jetty

After I reached the end of the jetty, I started my photo shooting.




















Chew Jetty Traveler's Lodge



2 comments:

Siu KeOnG said...

the 1st 3 photo can be wallpaper :P

Samuel said...

Lol, one of them is my wallpaper now :P

Post a Comment