Tuesday, February 9, 2010

01/02/2010 The Moon

A week ago, my friend sent me a SMS and informed me that the Moon was kinda close during that day and suggested that I should snap a photo of it. I was kinda excited as I always wanna snap the photos of the Moon, though I tried before, but it was not so successful with my 75-300mm f/4.5-5.6 tele kit lens. Anyway, this doesn't stop me from trying again, and at 300mm f/8, I managed to capture the photo of the moon which is quite soft; after some touch up in Photoshop, the result is as below.

Silver Moon with softer beam

And by looking at the Moon, it reminds me of what written in the Bible.

Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years; and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth”; and it was so. Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also. God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth, and to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good. So the evening and the morning were the fourth day.
(Genesis 1:14-19)

It also reminds me of an old hymn.

All creatures of our God and King,
Lift up your voice and with us sing,
Al–le-lu-ia! Al-le-lu-ia!
Thou burning sun with golden beam,
Thou silver moon with softer gleam,
O praise Him! O praise Him!
Al–le-lu-ia! Al-le-lu-ia!
Al–le-lu-ia!

Thus, I named this photo: Silver Moon with Softer Gleam.

2 comments:

said...

WOW! so nice!!
fyi, moon is always my TOP FAVORITE. hehe xD

Samuel said...

融: I like to snap the Moon as well, but to get a nice shot like this have to wait for right timing. 可遇不可求。 :P

Post a Comment