Monday, July 20, 2009

20/7/2009 Jelutong Nautilus Bay revisited

Yesterday was a fine day, less haze, good weather. So, after work, I decided to go to the Nautilus Bay near my house for some photo shooting.

This is my second time there for photo shooting, the first time was during the second day I got my A200. Also, this time I am to test on my new lens - the Sigma AF17-70mm DC Macro on taking macro photos.

The first photo I taken was a photo of a Hibiscus, unfortunately the result is not so satisfying.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Trying to focus on the pistil and stamens, unfortunately they are out of focus

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The contrast of the two colors are interesting, but the picture looks like lack of something

Photobucket
The texture and the color of the wall attracts me, and the gray spot at the center added some contrast to it

Photobucket
Tried to balance up the walls and the view of part of Penang Bridge, but the result doesn't seems attractive

Photobucket

Photobucket
Sitting at the center of the four pillars, the photo is quite interesting

Photobucket

Photobucket
It's sunset, I like the silhouette and the sky. Actually at the bottom left, there's a silhouette of a cross there

Photobucket

Photobucket
Taken a few photos of this pollen eating fly, used the wireless external flash in order to get good lighting. This is the clearest one, the rest was out of focus, due to the fly keep moving around

Photobucket
Little Durian?

Photobucket
The light pole looks nice

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I always like the color of the sky during sunset

Photobucket
Revisit the four pillars, the light was on, it gives a different feeling

Photobucket

Overall, I am very satisfying with the result of my new lens, it's sharp and included macro function. The only drawback of the lens is that the focusing might be not accurate sometimes.

2 comments:

Siu KeOnG said...

I like the flower, u bokeh gao gao, i think i need a macro when i back to malaysia too :)

Miss penang so much :)

Samuel said...

lol, go for Tamron AF 90mm f/2.8 SP Macro if you want something cheap and nice. If you have more money to spare, then Sigma AF150mm f/2.8 EX DG or Sigma AF180mm f/2.8 EX DG, so you can stay further from some of the animals or bugs that scare of people. Btw, Tamron 90mm f/2.8 can be use as portrait lens also.

Post a Comment