Tuesday, July 14, 2009

14/7/2009 Sigma AF17-70mm DC Macro

My Sony 17-80mm f/3.5-5.6 kit lens was malfunctioned, so I just send it to repair. After 3 months of using my kit lens, I would say, overall, it's a decent lens, not so bad nor good. So, after some consideration, I decided to get a new lens to replace my kit lens, while waiting for my kit lens to be repair.

After did some researches on the Web, I have chosen 4 lenses to be included in my wish list, as shown below:

1) Sigma AF17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 DC Macro
2) Sigma AF18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 DC

After work, I just went to the shop that I go often and ask for the price of the 4 lenses.

After talked to the promoter, I found that Sigma AF17-70mm is more interesting; first of all, the maximum aperture is f/2.8. Secondly, it can be use as a "macro" lens (though it's call macro lens, but it's not 1:1 magnification, so it doesn't consider as a real macro lens), which allows the distance between the subject and the camera to be as close as 20cm, that's far better than my kit lens.

So, I just showing my new lens here, and hope that I will have nice photos with this new lens in the future ;).

Photobucket
Chosen Sigma, because it's made in Japan, it's cheaper than Sony lens and it's a decent lens.

Photobucket
Ta da! Wait.... that's just the cover.

Photobucket
The lens reviewed, and... it comes with PEDAL HOOD, HOORAY~!!!!!!!!!

Photobucket
Testing

Photobucket
Testing 2, trying to get to the flash's pouch as close as possible.

Photobucket
Testing 3, trying to get close to the gel.

Photobucket
Last testing

0 comments:

Post a Comment