Sunday, July 19, 2009

18/7/2009 Bon Odori Penang 2009

It's the once a year Bon Odori, held at Esplanade on 18/7/2009. It was hazy, but the haze seems get better later. This was my second time to go to Bon Odori, the first was two years ago, with a bunch of my friends, and of course, without a camera :P. While this time, my colleagues went to the Bon Odori with me, 2 of them have never been to Bon Odori before, while another colleague is a frequent attendance of the event.

We departed from my house at 5:30, and reached there at 5:45, after taken 10 minutes to find a parking, we headed towards the venue.

As we heading towards the venue, many drivers are seeking for parking and there're many people walking towards the venue as well.

As usual, the stage was set up at the center of Esplanade. I started to shoot as soon as I reached the venue, and many Japanese were spotted at the event, families with children can see scattered around the field, enjoying the warn Sun, unfortunately it's hazy, else it will be perfect.

Photobucket
A stall is selling Japanese dolls

Photobucket

Photobucket
Japanese beer, are you interested?

Photobucket
Some Japanese activities, I think this one will require the customer to hook the balls up with something

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Cute Japanese girl in Kimono

Photobucket
Family enjoying the atmosphere and taking dinner at the same time

Photobucket
Yummy!

Photobucket
That's look yummy too!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Kawaii~!!!!!

Photobucket
Can I have a piece of whatever is in the plastic bag?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
What's on the bottle cap?

Photobucket
Happy family

Photobucket
Sunset, lets the festival begins

0 comments:

Post a Comment