Thursday, April 30, 2009

Playing something new with my DSLR

Since I have purchased my F56AM, I have went to many sites and forums to study regarding external flash, and I have tested on it today, below is what I wanna share, on what I have learned.

First of all, I switched on the yellow light in my room and I have tried the slow sync external flash with higher shutter speed, around 1 sec, and ISO at 400, with F5.6, which is the largest aperture for my zoom lens at 70mm. The flash is direct to the subject with a diffuser.
Photobucket

The result is natural, but I feel it's underexposed.

So the second try, I reduce the shutter speed to 2 secs, and other settings are the same.
Photobucket

So this time it looks better, with more natural yellow light and the main subject is nicely exposed.

Now lets look at using bounce flash with normal flash mode (just now is slow sync mode).

By using bounce flash, I had set the shutter speed to 1/10, with F5.6 and ISO 400. The focal length is the same. The first bounce flash, I was using a diffuser, and here's the result.
Photobucket

While the second one, I removed the diffuser but the settings remain the same.
Photobucket

Overall, the one with diffuser, the light is more balance and the subject has less shadow on it.

Well, that's all I have discovered so far, hope that I will be able to share more in the future. :)

1 comments:

kah heng said...

Good findings, i used bounce with diffuser all the time. Best effect for me. Sometimes u can also try bounce with a diffuser with the flash pointing behind you. The colours will turn out more saturated due to less light bouncing off your subject

Post a Comment