Thursday, April 30, 2009

Playing something new with my DSLR Part 2

Yup, that was just the part one, and that's regarding the flash. Now I wanna share something I just learn from my brother-in-law. Perhaps, it's not something new to the pros, but it's definitely something new and interesting to me XD.

My brother-in-law told me, there's a way to do some special effect to the light, where it can gives u a sense of motion. First, focus on your subject (of course, light~). Then set the focus to manual. Thirdly, set the shutter speed to slow, perhaps a few seconds, in my case, I set it to 6 secs. Next, zoom the lens to maximum focal length. Following by pressing the shutter button, while the shutter opens, slowly zoom the lens to widest focal length until the shutter close. And that's all.

Well, this is my first time trying, so the result might not be so interesting, anyway, there's first time for everything, right?

Results are shown as below.

Photobucket
Original

Photobucket
Test 1

Photobucket
Test 2

Photobucket
Original

Photobucket
Test 1

Photobucket
Test 2

Photobucket
Test 3

1 comments:

Kah Heng said...

it is called zoom blur. You can try during day time also. the effects nicer coz the images will be sharper and mroe defined

Post a Comment